'05 Ford Explorer Power Outlet

Hello everyone,

I just got a new '05 Ford Explorer XLS and I was disappointed to find out there is only one 12V power outlet in the whole truck. I need at least two outlets one for my radar detector and the 2nd would be used intermittently for various other uses including a cell phone charger or a palm GPS unit.

I pulled out the center console and found there is a hole that can be punched out where another power outlet might be able to be installed, but I though I would ask here first to see if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this.

Thanks,

Kage_

M. Prindle

Reply to
M. Prindle

There is a lighter (power point) connection in the console for a lighter that comes with the smokers package.

Reply to
Jim Warman