1992 Ford Explorer Sport running boards / rocker panel cover up

OK, after 12 years, my 1992 Explorer Sports driver's side rocker panel has a hole and some rust. The passenger side looks great which is amazing given the salt used in Cleveland, Ohio. I'm looking to just cover the damn things up with a running boards but have yet to find a running board that covers all of the rocker panels up.

I suppose I could go to a bone yard and get 93=95 plastic covers but would appreate any advice on this...

Thank you,

uzi, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Cleveland, Ohio

Reply to
uzi69mmm

Running boards are not teh answer to rust. While I can appreciate a decent set of runnning boards ( let me know if you find some ), the rust

*must* be removed and repaired or it will continue to eat away at the bodywork.

Reply to
John Riggs

doglegs are #41 in the illustration. MSRP is $73.21 per..... You will need to be pretty handy to do this at home. A die grinder with cut-off wheels and a panel crimper would help lots. Mine will be in with our next "stock" order though it will be near winter before I will find the time. Plans are to bond the top (visible) edges with some super-wowee 3M goo and spot weld the bottoms. There will be pics when it happens......

I am sure that there must be a similar type of supplier in the USofA.

Reply to
Jim Warman