2002 Explorer 4.6L V8 PCV Valve Location?

I've got a 2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L V-8, 76K miles . My "Service Engine Soon" light came on last week. As I've heard this often is an emissions problem warning, I thought I'd replace the PCV valve to start with until I can get it to the dealer. The engine is mostly covered with a plastic shroud, so I thought I'd ask here before trying to tear it apart. Thanks in advance.

David S.

Reply to
das

Check if your gas cap is not loose. That's about the only thing you can do without scanning for codes. Replacing the PCV won't hurt anything, but odds are about one in a thousand that this will fix your problem. As for what you heard about the meaning of the CEL - why not read the owner's manual instead of listening to old wives tales?

Reply to
Happy Traveler