2004 Explorer Sports Trac Problem - Balancer/ A/C Manifold Line

The crankshaft balancer went bad on my 2004 Explorer - Sport Trac truck. The alignment of the balancer pulley (journal) where the serpentine belt rides on got off alighment & started cutting into the AC manifold line. I have $1390.00 of damage. I was wondering how this could happen to a new truck 2 years old. I had my serpentine belt replaced in service. Is there a chance the belt put in too tight or installed wrong to make the balancer go bad?

If anybody has links or ideas where I could research this I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks, Dee

Reply to
DQ

How many miles are on the truck???

Reply to
Jim Warman

53K
Reply to
DQ

Just figured there might be a chance of warranty, there....

Don't recall seeing any concerns with the balancer on these engines...

Reply to
Jim Warman

I think the last time I took in in while under warantee they had to remove the balancer & they might of tighened the belt wrong or did something wrong & now I had to pay (1 year later) $1100 to get a new balancer & new A/C manifold... sucks man...

Jim Warman wrote:

Reply to
DQ