96 Explorer Sport Shifter Lockout

So who's idea was it to use a solonoid to lock the shifter anyway? Yeah, it's nice and safe and everything, but when it malfunctions at a drive thru it's a real pain in the but.

Can I leave this out of the circuit without any problems? What if We were out in the desert or something. Jeez.

Merry Christmas, Ya'll Dave Louisville, Ky

Reply to
jazzman450

if you look in the owners manuel there is some stuff about this issue and what to do if it wont unlock it also says that the you should check to see if your brake lights are working if you dont have the book let me know and i will post what it says word for word

Reply to
mab6680

I've lost my owners manual. I have a haybes book.....but it leaves a lot to be desired. If you have the exact pages I need please email them to me. Thank you. Dave Louisville, Ky

Reply to
jazzman450

here is a ford site where you can down load you owners manual for free just click on the glove box manual tab in the upper left hand corner if it dont work let me know and i will go and get mine out of the car

mab6680