'98 Explorer & Mountaineer Cruise Control Recall!

NY Times:

Detroit News:

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

What about Rangers?

Don't all these cars have the same switch???

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Maybe not? I don't know. It only listed one specific year, 1998, of Explorer/Mountaineer too, so maybe the other years/models of Ford's don't have the same "Texas Instruments" speed control activation switch.

Does anyone know off hand where the speed control activation switch is located?

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

I just checked mine (99 Ex Limited V8) and the switch has power all the time.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave, where is your switch located?

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

Foreword top of the master cylinder.

Reply to
Dave

I read that the problem is where the switch is located--some Ford models/years have it mounted where brake fluid can get on(and in) it, others have the same switch but mounted in a "safer" location.

Ken

Steven Hilgendorf wrote:

Kenneth J. Harris