99 explorer sport- 1/2 second stall in snow

Hi all, I've been noticing (strangely) when it's either snowing or whether leading up to snow, the engine will stall for like 1/2 a second and then return to normal. It does this intermittently. This caused a check engine code of p1500 for vss (variable speed sensor). Before this I had codes relating to o2 sensor but that was replaced and the codes didn't go away. Any ideas?

--jim

Reply to
gymper

Oh this is v6 4.0 5 speed