Installing Keyless Entry

I have a 98 mountaineer and bought the jc whitney $30 keyless entry. Their instructions are VERY generic.....i'm wanting to install it in the rear where the jack is. The lock back there has 3 wires going to it: green\yellow, green\pink, and black. I'm guessing one is lock, unlock, and ground. What else do I need to get this working?? Do I need to hook up 12v? If so , where is the best place to pull from in the rear? Thanks!! IrishAl

Reply to
irishal

FWIW When I installed a keyless entry in a '92 Explorer it controlled all of the locks, not just the rear. Maybe what you have is different or more basic but the one I had fit right into the wiring cluster that is located in the front, passenger sidewall. I just unplugged the connector and connected in the keyless entry device. I added a relay so it would turn on the interior lights for 30 seconds. I don't recall (been a few years) having had to connect it to any additional power source.

Reply to
Ulysses