Almost complete - 2000 Ford Explorer Limited with Saleen XP8 Carbon Fiber Hood, Spoiler and Speedline Magnesium Wheels

From my previous two threads

and

The Saleen XP8 Carbon Fiber / Composite Hood and Rear Wing Spoiler
have been completely reworked, refinished/painted along with the front
end and rear bumper of my 2000 Ford Explorer Limited (Pearl White)
The color match came out quite nice - especially for a 15 year old
vehicle. I feel these parts really set off this truck without being
over the top. I've also finally installed the Saleen XP8 Speedline
Magnesium Rims on the truck which has completely changed the look.
I am due to have the truck dropped to Saleen Spec (2inches via Saleen
Lowering Blocks and Torsion Twist) this week which will improve the
look even further.
My goal here was not to create an XP8 Clone but instead just my take
on the what Ford might have done if they decided to create a limited
production model above the Limited that has some extra luxury, extra
power and some styling to set it off from the rest of the Explorer
model line.
This is still a work in progress as I have some interior changes, and
motor/exhaust changes in the works to complete this project.
Here are a few pictures prior to the lowering. (Still need to clean it
up too so please excuse the dirt/road/bug grime)
The photos are fairly high resolution - so please be patient while
they all load. You can click on them (or pinch to zoom on mobile) to
zoom in or go full screen.

View the attachments for this post at:

Reply to
Spanks
[...]
A few more of the set View the attachments for this post at:

Reply to
Spanks

Site Timeline Threads