ATTN Jim Warman

I had asked you about the rapid clutch cycling of my 01 Sport. Took to the shop today and they indicated iy was a half pound down. So they flushed and filled system. Drove off the lot and put the AC on and still rapid clutches. Brought back to shop and we discovered all reads great in park - it's when in DRIVE that it rapid clutches. I had them scratchin their heads on this one. So, thaey still have it and I have a rental. What do you think?

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Did it rapid cycle in reverse? I ask because there may be a wiring or connector problem associated with the motor torquing over. Seen a lot of problems with the low pressure switch wiring on SuperDuties...

Things that can cause the AC clutch to disengage would include wide open throttle (I would think that a TPS problem would show up with a running concern), engine overheat condition, high side switch and low side switch.... a wiring or connector concern here could give your symptom. On the bright side, if the problem is consistent in it's appearance, it should be relatively easy to get to the root cause.

Reply to
Jim Warman

A little more to the story... I have a friend that is a service tech @ a Mitsubishi dealership here.. I took it to him today because Ford recommended I bring it in next week because they were really booked today - so this is my fault - I knew I should have waited and let them diag it. Mitsi was great and thay did all they could - but recommended that Ford was more appropriate for this since there was a deeper issue and were unable to use the proper diag that Ford would use.

Thanks Jim for your assistance

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry