Can I do this?

Is it possible to re-tighten the drivebelt tensioner in a 1991 Explorer or, will I need a new apparatus? It seems that the pulley is rubbing against the tensioner itself. In particular the part that juts out and accepts the bolt that holds the pulley. ( I hope someone understands that :) )

Thanks

Reply to
Psinapse

You can buy a new pulley w/bearing or a whole new tensioner at your FLAPS. Neither is expensive. If the pulley is rubbing the tensioner, you need the pulley, at least.

Dave

Reply to
Hairy