Code P0401 Insufficient Exhaust Gas Flow

I have 96 explorer 4wd 4.0 engine with 70k miles. hastily replaced egr valve and reset code but code came back after 2nd start. getting very week vacuum at the vacuum supply hose (less than 1" i believe). zero voltage read at EVR Solenoid power supply but i'm not sure if i should be getting 12v signal with engine hot and normal idle. supplying 12 vdc doesnt seem to affect airflow through solenoid. any advice would be appreciated. TIA

Reply to
Spud Unger

Usual culprit is DPFE... don't stick your finger over the vacuum hose checking for vacuum... you're going to feel a "nibble" because the EVRV is duty cycled. Not sure how you are checking the electrical side of the EVRV... these have 12 volts supplied as long as the key is on... PCM switches the ground side of the solenoid.

Reply to
Jim Warman

It's good to have you here helping out with these types of problems, Jim.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanx, Bob... there's lot's of times I come across sounding like a real dick....truth of the matter is.... I'm a real dick. Just doing my part to show that all techs aren't stupid nor thieves...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
Spud Unger

i replaced the DPFE $65 at NAPA. seems to have solved the problem. Check Engine light has not returned after several starts. thanks for advice.

Reply to
Spud Unger