Code P1309 Assistance

Once again my local dealer has provided almost no assistance for me and my

2000 Explorer except for plugging in the diagnostic device. The vehicle will momentarily die (completely) especially when cold and wet. The problem is very internittent. There was a Check Engine light for about 24 hours which has since gone out. This problem might also present itself while driving but its hard to say since my Explorer rides like a Prairie Schooner. Ford dealer wants to replace the MAF sensor and/or crank position sensor. I have to start dressing down when I go there since they seem to think I am made of money. Any ideas about proper diagnosis for code P1309 would be appreciated. Thanks!

Steve R

Reply to
SGR