Cruise Control in Crapper '03 XLT

With only 55k miles on this '03 am I surprised the cruise control has crapped out? Yes! My question is regarding worst case scenario. Is there an electrical/mechanical function plateau to consider regarding fixing this? What kind of costs should I expect when repairing this malfunction. I searched the recent archive on this ng and there didn't seem to be any topics related to this. Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
Foon