front transaxle seal

I have a 99 explorer 4wd. At the transfer case, the front drive shaft is connected by a cv joint. The front seal in the transfer case has a small leak. I've removed the drive shaft from the transfer case by means of the 8 bolts and moon shaped brackets, tbut here are no nuts or snap rings accessible to take the stub out of the transfer case. How can I get to the front seal to replace it? Phil

Reply to
pehoffer

I don't work on the EX that much but... if your front output is the style I think it is, the transfer case must be disassembled in order to remove a snap ring and the input shaft then pulls out from the front....

Reply to
Jim Warman