Hey Jim W. - Drivetrain Longevity Question

Hey Jim,

Everything OK with you? Haven't seen you around as much lately.

But had an opinion question for you. What is the realistic life expectancy (range) for a '97 Explorer XLT with the SOHC V6? Mine has 131,000 miles on the original engine and tranny. It hasn't been abused, had regular scheduled services, and gives no signs of falling apart.or exploding.

In the first 6 years of its life, it was my daily driver and I put about

20,000 miles a year on it. The bulk were in-city commutes on expressways mostly.

I have been going easier on the miles since I acquired another vehicle last year, but I still put about 10,000 miles on it last year. It's the only vehicle my dog will let me drive him around in.... Great flat floor and windows at nose height! ;-)

But anyhow - just looking for a little insight, Jim.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
JustMe