Installing a Back-Flush Tee?

Hello, I'm ready to flush out the cooling system on my '98 Explorer E.B

5.0 AWD. I would like to back-flush the system, however, I'm not sure which hose the back-flush tee is to be installed? Could someone please specify the proper hose, and location, for installing the tee?

Thank you,

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

Actually on my 92, I installed two tees in each heater hose forward of the firewall. On my model at least, Ford recommends backflushing the system and then flushing the core in the opposite direction. So two tees works pretty well. Otherwise, I don't know if it matters. I also remove the thermostat before I begin.

Reply to
Anthony Giorgianni