Leather seats with cloth sides?

This is a quite random question... Is there a reason behind Ford not fully wrapping their seats in leather/vinyl? I have always owned Ford/Lincoln/Merc products and most have cloth on one side of the seat. Just curious, likely a cost cutting thing... but I would think they could just as economically wrap it in the "pleather" vinyl. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe

Our '02 Explorer EB has std leather seats. The front bucket seats have cloth on the sides facing the center console. Remember, cloth will not squeak against the plastic console, and the vinyl on the outside sides is less costly than leather. wth

Reply to
wth

"wth" wrotenews:0AoWd.96051$tl3.22349@attbi_s02:

Might also be for breathing purposes?