Location of '96 "door open" switch?

Hi folks,

My '96 XLT usually fails to illuminate the dome lights and the "headlights on when ignition off" buzzer when I open the driver's door but works for the other doors. I imagine the problem is a sticky "door open" switch or possibly frayed wires to the switch. Any other thoughts? I don't miss the dome light that much but over the past 11 years, the warning buzzer has saved me a few times since I often drive a highway with a "headlights on day or night" segment.

I'm trying to find the switch. Is it inside the body by the lower hinge? ...and accessible only by removing the inside plastic molding? Any tips? Thanks.

Reply to
Craig

state tech via CarKB.com