'96 Stratus ES door lock switch

When I turn the key to unlock the driver's door on our '96 Stratus ES, the door unlocks, then locks again, then unlocks again. Thus if I am too quick to pull the door open, the alarm system triggers.

I assume that the switch is faulty. Do I have to replace the whole cylinder assembly (in which case I'd need to get it keyed to order), or is the switch replaceable separately? Does anyone have a part number?

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

maxpower

Do you mean the switch that's attached to the keylock, or is there another switch somewhere? If the former, do I have to replace the keylock as well?

Perce

On 01/01/05 08:19 am maxpower tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Reply to
maxpower

Thank you.

Perce

On 01/01/05 04:04 pm maxpower tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

$31.75 (+tax) for a new switch. Problem solved. Thanks.