starts hard...intermitent

I have a 98 explorer..4.0 6 cylinder. My problem is the car normally starts fine but lately about once a week or so it cranks over but won't start till I pump the crap out of the throttle. Then it stalls and I go through the starting process 4-5 times and then it seems to run fine. It will run ok for a week or so then it will happen again. Could it be the gas filter or fuel pump?...Any idea would be a great help. Thanks Tim

Reply to
Tim Callery