Trailer rentals for Explorers -- perhaps an old topic

This is my first post to this or any news group since about 1999.

Since U-Haul will not rent trailers to go behind Explorers, are there any other options for one-way trailer rentals? What is the typical position of local-only rental companys? I have a feeling that U-Haul has a complete monopoly on one-way rentals in North America and refuses to provide their service to the most commonly owned SUV. In my case the irony is that my wife insisted we buy our '97 to haul our (at that time) college age daughter's possessions around the country.

On another topic, are there any good spam protection techniques for news-group users. I suppose I will just abandon this gmail address if and when spam becomes a problem.

J. Hanson

Reply to
johnhanson4

I love their open trailers for moving things even though their equipment is poorly maintained. But they won't rent a trailer to use on an Explorer. They'll rent to Mountaineers and Mazda Navajos and these are of course the same vehicle. Thank the lawyers for this stupidity. They used to show an Explorer towing one of their trailers on their website even though they'ed already banned them! I used to work for them, not a good company to work for or rent from but there aren't many alternatives, in most cases ,no alternative. I have to borrow my Son's Nissan Titan when I need a U Haul trailer.

Reply to
Bob

Many people, such as I, use fake email address and name in the identity fields of the news reader to prevent spammers from getting the email address. If you want to have your real address so people can contact you, you can make it a signature such as

johnhanson4TAKETHISPARTOUT-at-gmail.com

Or something else like that so automatic address harvesters would get it right.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher