Where is my 4x4 relay?

Hi,

2002 Explorer.

The fault code said I need a new 4x4 relay so I bought it, and now I can't figure out where it goes. One helpful friend said under the center console, close to the transfer case. So, before I start taking it apart, does anyone know where it actually goes?

Thanks!

Reply to
Viewer

Try under the passenfer side kick panel.

Reply to
Roadie

The Four Wheel Drive Control Module is under the dash panel, passenger side. The 4X4 relay may or my not be in there, but it is a place to start.

Viewer wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

Thanks for the replies. The relay is NOT under the dash. I have looked everywhere around there. It also doesn't seem to be under the hood. I am not sure where to ask. Perhaps the dealer, but I am sure they's rather do it for me than myself

Reply to
neergqj

On mine... it is under the passenger side kick panel.

Reply to
Roadie