02 Sable heat heat heat heat

My sable with auto temp control puts out nothing but hot air. No matter what you set the temp at you get heat. When you vary the temp setting the blower speed goes up and down as it should. I checked the evaporator return line, its ice cool,.and the comp clutch is engaged. I figure its either the mixing door or what ever controls the door. Does anybody know how the door is activated[elect or vac], what controls it and how hard is it to get at. Where can I get a good detail manual on this car.

Any help is appreciated Thanks

Reply to
LAWRENCE PERFETTO

temperature blend door actuator inoperative or shaft on blend door in case split.turn key on,fan on lowest and in a quiet environment and listen for blend door actuator to operate as temperature setting is changes from max cool to max heat.either way dash may have to be removed for repairs.

Reply to
clemdog