1994 Taurus Wagon Fuel Gage Problem

I have a 1994 Taurus Wagon with a 3.8 litre V6, the problem I am having is with the fuel gage. When the engine/car is cold the gage reads the correct fuel tank level, but afte driving for about 20 minutes or so, the gage starts to rise past the full mark and remains there until the engine is shut off and cools.

If you know why this is happening please drop me a line directly to the address below.

Thank you

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

neil

Reply to
neil

neil opined in news:zoZKd.211533$6l.42640@pd7tw2no:

Some may reply by email.. but I never will. Sorry!!!

Is it only the fuel indicator while the temp gauge stays steady?

Any other odd behavior?

I suspect a grounding problem near the instrument cluster

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic