Brakes on Taurus, 3.0 V6 Duratech vs Vulcan

It is weird how a discussion about disc/drum brakes can go off-course because I mentioned running a Taurus over 100mph. Fact is, Most cars today are capable of 110+, even 4 cyls Focus

Just had to see if the car could specs and it did. I still will not say where

Drivers in OH, MD, NC, NJ, NY, and PA, and Canada routinely run than that and higher on a daily basis.

Police cars can do a lot more than 110

No wuss, just more sane and sensible, and experienced.

None of those. A Duratech has enough power for a family sedan. All I want is good brakes so that when I get cut off in traffic, with a full load, I can slow the car without any drama... And yes, I do have Good H-Rated tires

I was alone in the car and alone on the road. I would never put anyone in danger with a stunt like that. I would never do that in Traffic in this country, so you have NO worry in that respect

vulcan taurus. True to the word, you live long

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

Yes. I've gotten my Focus up to 100 once (downhill, to be sure, but it DID happen. And the speedo goes up to 130 ;)). It's easy to lose track of what actual speed you're doing in some parts... everything outside is uniform and there are no obstacles.

I don't know if my wife's car is ex-police (doubt it, it has regular wheels) but the speedometer only goes up to 85 - and I've had it past that limit. When every car on the highway is doing 75-80, and you need to get out of the way of a truck changing lanes, the ability to go >85 is a boon...

Reply to
Lewin A.R.W. Edwards