ford F-150 VERY BAD COLD WEATHER MISS

HELP. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON.VERY BAD MISS IN COLD WEATHER,WILL BEARLY GO UP THE ROAD UNTIL IT WARMS UP.BEEN DOING THIS FOR THREE YRS IN WINTER. CHANGED: FUEL FILTER,SPARK PLUGS AND WIRE 2 TIMES, AND JUST YESTERDAY HAD IT IN THE SHOP BECAUSE OF EGR FLOW TO OUT EVERYTHING WAS FILTHY SO THEY CLEANED IT ETC. NO PROBLEMS. STARTED THIS MORNING SAME OLD PROBLEM. CANT FIND PROBLEM HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP OR HAVE MORE IDEAS!!

Reply to
sleepybear

You might get more responses if you provide details on the year model, engine, and mileage.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

What year. engine, mileage?

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Uh... year and engine?

What PARTICULARLY do you do to start it, cold morning?

Get the codes read out .. maybe at autozone , come back with CODES!!!, not the description

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And are you reading this on a teletype, or has your shift key jammed? stop It must really suck, surfing the net at 110 baud stop

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic
1997 ford F150 4x4 tow package extend. cab automatic, @140,000 mls.
Reply to
sleepybear

i was on other sites looking around.just a young female(of course i dont know much about mechanics)dont have truck here got print out long time ago. just was looking for idead didn't know you had to have specifics excuse me if you want to be a smart ass dont bother!!!! sleepybear

Reply to
sleepybear

does it seem hard to start, what do you do to get it started on cold mornings?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - read my sig...we're all adults here. how about if you dont want smartass answers along with good advice, stay away from the net?!!!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Sleepy,

Welcome to the group! Trust me, Backyard is a very nice (not to mention incredibly knowledgeable) guy. You may not know that, but posting on usenet in all capitals is considered impolite and, on a more practical level, makes reading very difficult. So please help the experts (that description will not include me...) who so generously volunteer their time and wisdom to this group to help you.

Good luck getting your truck back in order!

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Any chance you have a coolant leak?

Is the check engine light flashing, or just on solid? If the light is flashing, you most likely have a solid misfire on at least one cylinder. I'd suggest taking it to an auto parts store like AutoZone that reads the codes for free. The code will tell you which cylinder(s) is misfiring and you can go from there.

If you have a 5.4L, I'd guess you have a bad coil pack boot. But since you say you have replaced the spark plug wires, you must have a 4.6L - in which case I would suspect a bad plug wire, or a bad coil. Either way, having the codes read should go along ways towards identifying the problem.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

Reply to
coldpack

Why are you guys asking for clairvoyance, when there is real information available? Read the codes, for goodness sake. That's what they are for. At the very least they will point you to the cylinder with the miss.

Reply to
Happy Traveler