Ford Taurus

I have an 02 Taurus that bucks real bad during heavy acceleration around 45 mph (i.e. getting on a highway). The dealer said it was the AC compressor AND the IAC valve and gave me a very pricey estimate to repair. It still does it with all of the AC/heat controls in the off position and everything I read says the IAC valve controls idle only. Any suggestions?

Reply to
firedup

You need another opinionfrom another facility. At the speed you indicate, the IAC is long since been out of the picture and, the a/c would be in real trouble if if cause enough bucking for you to notice it. I would suspect you have some sort of ignition malady causing your bucking but, something as simple as a dirty fuel filter can do that although they typically cause reduced power more so than bucking.

Reply to
lugnut