Installing trans temp gauge on 2004 F250 Powerstroke automatic

Plan to buy the truck in early spring and want to install a trans temp gauge since it will be used for heavy towing.

If anyone has done this, please fill me in on where you connected the temperature sensor. I'd like to read the temperature of the fluid in the automatic transmission pan, or in the hose leading from it and heading towards the radiator.

Is there any easy place to connect the sensor right to the trans? If not, which hose goes to the radiator and which one returns to the trans? I assume I could just splice into the correct hose.

Thanks in advance. Christopher

Reply to
Christopher