Moog Ball Joints - no grease fitting on drivers side

I just had upper and lower (Moog) ball joints installed on my

1999 Econoline E350. The lower ball joint, driver's side, does not have a grease fitting. The passenger side has grease fittings on the upper, and lower. When I asked the mechanic about this, he said the Auto parts supplier said they were all like this. Any thoughts on this? Thanks. LJ
Reply to
Lou

I replaced all my balljoints on my 99 E-250. All of them had grease fittings. I got them at O'Reilly's and they were Moog also. I know there were 2 types when I bought mine. One was a limited warranty and was lifetime. I went with the lifetime. Maybe that's the difference? I paid about 110 bucks for the lowers and almost the same for the uppers, if that helps?

Reply to
Sans Nom

Thanks. Maybe they had mixed the types. I was going to email Federal Mogul (Moog), but they don't have an email listed on their web page. I will call them tomorrow to see what they say. BTW, I wonder if it's possible to drill a hole for a grease fitting without damaging the ball joint. LJ

Reply to
Lou