NAIAS 2004 - Ford Brings Back Shelby Cobra

NAIAS 2004

There's the all-new Mustang GT and the GT supercar. Add one more vehicle and you have what Ford calls the Power Trilogy.

At the last press conference of the day, Ford kept things lively, bringing out those two performance cars with smoke and fireworks flying.

To complete the Power Trilogy, Carroll Shelby arrived onstage in a modern-day version of the legendary Shelby Cobra. As Bill Ford, chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Ford Motor Company, told the assembled journalists, "Carroll has come home to Ford."

Full story is @

Yet another $.02 worth from the proud owner of a1970 Mustang Mach I 351C @

Grover C. McCoury III

Don't forget the Family 500 and the Freestyle... Until I find a way to hypnotize my insurance company agents, these are the two I will have to settle for..!

V.B. Mercon

Anyone know where I can find a copy of the Mustang/GT/Cobra video they were showing on the big screen at the Ford exhibit at the auto show? That video was awesome.

Thanks.

Adam

Adam

"Grover C. McCoury III" wrote in news:ZqSdnQq snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

Yeah - they built a one off show car so that 80 year old Carroll could have one last hurrah.

The car will never be seen again in all likelihood.

Tell me just what this means in the grand scheme of things.

The whole story was told on the TLC show "Rides" including building the car from the ground up.

Reply to
donutbandit

What about the newly touted Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT500 models! How will they fit in to the Mistang line-up with GT, Mach 1, & the SVT Cobra?

Reply to
Guitarman

Rein

Thanks for the link! This is it here...

they'll get a clearer version up soon. I'll keep checking back. Thanks.

Adam

Reply to
Adam

Probably the same way they did in '69 and '70...they didn't. One (or more) of the myriad of models will fall by the wayside. Too many options confuse the public and most will be lemmings and follow the crowd. I wish it was like the 60's again where you could pick any body any motor any tranny any rearend any interior any color...etc. You built your car the way YOU wanted it instead of just showing up and hoping they had the color you want on the car THEY wanted to build.

Scott W. '66 High Country Special Mustang '68 Ranchero 500 (just added to the family today) '68 Fury III

Reply to
Scott Williams

I know that sounded like a contradiction, but I'd rather have control of everything than have several generic versions of what THEY want to build.

Reply to
Scott Williams