Re: Highway Patrol officer helped slow a runaway Toyota Prius from 94 mph to a safe stop

The press always takes notice when people are killed, especially 54 of them. When water leaks into the trunk, not so much

30,000+ people died in car accidents last year. Feel free to post a breakdown by car manufacturer if you think Toyota is killing people. Otherwise, your focus on these particular 54 vs. the hundreds/thousands of others that died due to steering problems, airbag failures, poor crash protection, inability to operate the vehicle, blind spots, etc... seems a bit agenda based.

Knock down a half gallon of cheap box wine before lunch and you'll see things the way Hunter does.

We are learning much about jsb and his habits.

Yet he wonders why we call him Joe$#itForBrains. LOL

Hmm, I always thought Joe drank Ripple with his bottle in a brown paper sack.
Or maybe he drinks Dr. Tichnor's. . . .
Charles Grozny

We should instead thank Toyota for putting stupid old ladies to drive.
Perhaps but not if it was a member of your family that was killed or injured because YOUR car went out of control.

When my 1980 Corolla throttle stuck open my wife, who is not mechanically inclined at all, managed to control it and get it to a stop - then shut it off with the throttle wide open in neutral. Id dieselled like crazy, and the catalytic converter flashed white hot, burning the floormats and console out of it before she got the ignition back on, the car into drive with her foot hard on the brake, and then shut it off again.
Garden hose saved the car from total destruction
On 09/03/2010 1:39 PM, Obveeus wrote:

That would be good to get a copy of. Then also rate it to how many sold so it is a probability of death index. Bet it would raise some eyebrows too.
This was obviously a OJ like situation. The driver could have:
- slammed the brakes on hard, brakes have more braking than engines have horsepawer. - stuck it in neutral. - turned it off.
Or any combination of above.
More likely the idiot was speeding and is using it as an excuse. Get some TV time.
--
Politicians don't provide anything, the tax payers do.

There are a lot of drivers and passengers killed every year in automobile accidents. That is very sad. Drunk drivers kill a lot of people. Road conidtions are factors in fatal accidents, Excessive speed causes wrecks that kill people. Weather is a factor, as well.
However, none of the above reasons I stated can be attributed to Toyota's lack of concern of safety.
Any of the above reasons I listed, Toyota could NOT have any control over.
BUT, the 54 people who died due to Toyota's lack of safety concerns can be pinned right on Toyota, the "King of Quality"!
These guys have major issues to deal with.
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:01:28 -0800 (PST), jr92

This is assuming there WAS a safety problem involved with all 54 deaths.. Even if it was only 24, it is too many - but even if it WAS 54, likely at least 50 could have been prevented if drivers knew how to drive .

They are kings of PR or BS, if you will. ;)