Re: More on the bailout

The Detroit mindset of looking no further than about the next quarter

>or two will not be changed by the bailout. The Japanese have accepted >near term losses for long term gain, an idea that is anathema to the >Detroit 3 (*not* the Big Three anymore). Detroit is not too big to >fail: >

That's what happens when the bean counters take over. It started with Roger Smith, who said that GM is not in business to make cars, they're in business to make money. Since then they haven't figured out that if they build vehicles people want & like, they'll make money.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Retired Shop Rat: 14,647 days in a GM plant. Speak softly and carry a loaded .45 Lifetime member; Vast Right Wing Conspiracy Web Site:

David Starr

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:39:25 -0500, "Mike Hunter" wrote Re Re: More on the bailout:

Hey Bud. Can you help me out here? Just send some $$$ :-)

Reply to
Caesar Romano