Getting the runaround at a Dealership about a Rattle/Vibration

I have a 2002 Ford Focus ZX5 that has a rattle/vibration. I have been trying to get the dealership to diagnose this for eight months now.

The noise started two weeks into me buying the car used with 21,000 miles on it.

The noise is a metallic rattle coming from the driver's side. It happens in any gear between 1900 and 2100 rpm. It doesn't happen during idle. If you rest your foot on the clutch the noise disappears (not depressing it, just resting). It is especially loud when under load (driving up a hill).

The dealership has checked out the heat shield, replaced the transmission and clutch kit. Now, they are saying that it might just be "normal" for this vehicle (which I am not going to accept). Please help!

-MD

Reply to
mdunlap24