Oxygen sensors

I seem to have a problem with one of the oxygen sensors in my 2000 Focus. A OBDII scan of the two sensors while driving home shows radically different signals from the two. (The engine does seem to run a bit rough, come to think of it.) The #1 sensor signal (red) is very rough, as if it has a loose wire that is rattling with the engine vibration. Although I have never seen a "good" signal, the #2 sensor (blue) sure looks believable. Does anyone have experience with oxygen sensors?

(The posting with the data plot can be seen at alt.autos.ford.focus)

--Dave Harris Honolulu, Hawaii

Reply to
Jarrito

they should show defferent signals as they are before and after the cat. can you get the use of an oscilloscope to check the 'switching' patterns of them both? a multimeter should also confirm this.

MC uk.

-----

Reply to
Mark C.