76 F250 super camper special

I want to put dual tires on the rear axel.I have noticed the rear studs are very long. are the long studs for duals? I guess what I want to know is what will I have to do to put duals on?....new studs?...will duals fit under bed?...will I have to lift the bed?... any ideas will be helpful.......thanks

Reply to
sdr1960

Why?

Reply to
My Names Nobody

If you put an offset wheel on (like duals that come from the factory) the inside wheel won't fit under the bed. For that to work, you need the axle to be about 4" longer on each side. Look at a truck with dual wheels and imagine putting that on your truck. You'll see what I mean.

You don't have to do it that way, though. You could look for a dual wheel adapter kit and use the kind of wheels you have now. It's hard to explain what that is - it's basically a spacer that goes between the wheels and some hardware that holds both wheels on.

Those are the 2 possibilities. Factory style, or using an aftermarket adapter.

Reply to
Joe

Axle width is the same, they just put a different hub on it the sets bolt up area out further from frame so they the offset wheels can be bolted up. He just needs to change the hubs for one of the rigth style that fits his series axle. How easy this will be depends on what axle he has back there now.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

I second the "why?".