any techs that know DTC codes

I have software that's displaying a Ford specific DTC code of P1878. The chart says it's a "Transmission Transfer Case Disengaged Solenoid Circuit Failure".

Can anyone tell me anything about this "solenoid".? Is it in the transmission, or the transfer case.? The truck appears to be running fine. Don't really know which direction to go for checking it out. Hoping someone encountered this code before and can give me some input.

What I have is a 98 Ford ranger pickup, V6 4.0L, auto trans with 4wd.

Reply to
Frank