Re: K&N air filter on 2000 Ford Ranger

Thanks Tim, I agree about the quality of Fram Oil filters. I use AC Delco in most everything I own, race or street.

I still stand on my statement about Fram making many of Motorcrafts air filters. As for who sullies them with oil filters, you may be right on with your findings.

None the less, Motorcrat is not the manufacturer that many believe. In most cases that are merely a manupackturer...

Happy Motoring!

Tim G wrote:

Dave, > > Here is a link that you can see who makes what. > >
> Purolator makes the motorcraft filters. Also from what > this study has found Frams are not as good as they once > were. > > Tim > > > Steve, that is one of the nicest and friendliest disagreement statements > that I > > have ever seen on the internet and I respect you for your reply. Fram, > along > > with other suppliers, makes may of the filters for Fram and AC Delco. I > have > > been fortunate enough to visit one of their production facilities (Salt > Lake > > City) and saw for myself. Fram and Autolite are owned by Honneywell. And > as you > > may know Autolite's top OE customer is Ford Motor Company. > >
> > > Even the Motorcraft web site avoids the word manufacturer on their web > site. > > "They're the only filters designed, engineered and recommended > specifically for > > Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles." > >
> > > What plant did you think that Motorcraft built these products in? > > > > Happy Motoring! > > > > > > Steve Barker wrote: > > > > > I'm sure you know in your heart, you've been sadly misinformed. Fram > making > > > motorcraft filter ... HAR HAR.. You're not serious are you? You better > do > > > some more digging and put down the Enquirer. > > > > > >
Reply to
Dave Dixon

i have 1998 expedition with k@n air filter.148000 miles ,starts every morning and the wheels go round and round.

Reply to