Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

GM Mechanical discussion newsgroup?
Is there one somewhere?
7
7

GM bondholders raise red flag
GM bondholders raise red flag 22, 2009: 7:27 PM ET DETROIT (Reuters) -- Financial and legal advisers to General Motors Corp. bondholders, in a letter Sunday to the White House group overseeing the...

50 Worst Cars of All Time [slideshow]
50 Worst Cars of All Time [slideshow]
13
13

News: Buick tops Lexus in dependability ratings
For whatever it might be worth: Buick just got lucky, maybe they're working harder to produce a better product and my opinion of their products is generally high anyway. I just found it interesting,...
1
1

Buyers shun GM, Chrysler as rescue draws focus, study says
Buyers shun GM, Chrysler as rescue draws focus, study says 19, 2009 - 8:00 pm ET DETROIT (Reuters) -- Fewer new car shoppers are considering vehicles from General Motors and Chrysler LLC at a time...
1
1

floor mats for '07-08 (not sure) Impala?
Looks like I'm going to be getting assigned a new work vehicle soon... suspect it will be an '07 or '08 Impala (I know the car, just not sure what year it is. I've driven it briefly before and it's...
18
18

The Other Shoe:More car owners behind on auto loans
The Other Shoe:More car owners behind on auto loans ? Consumers straining to meet household expenses are taking longer and longer to make their car payments, increasing the risk they'll default on...

AIG Good for GM - Maybe Not
Though the contrast between autoworkers and Wall Street sharks with multi-million dollar bonuses might seem good for GM in further attempts to get bailout money, there is something else going on: The...

Bankruptcy will help GM and Chrysler
Bankruptcy will help GM and Chrysler ? The time has come to stop the fearmongering and face facts: General Motors and Chrysler are racing fast toward insolvency and bankruptcy filings. That?s not a...
6
6

98 Buick Riviera 3 things - fuel door release; heated seat; console latch broken
Hi, I've got a 98 Riviera with 3 issues; 1- The driver's heated seat isn't working. The button lights up as it should but there is no heat coming to the seat. 2- The fuel door release does not work...
10
10

Re: OT - Joke
That depends on what the car cost and whether your wife finds out. ;) R

Pontiac Grand Prix Power Steering Whining & Groaning Noises Repair Guide
A few days ago I started hearing groans and whines coming from the engine bay of my 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP sedan equipped with the GM 3800 Series II, Eaton M90 supercharged, L67 V6 engine. I...
2
2

Economic slump drives used car sales, prices up
Not good for GM's dreams of a 13M-16M year anytime soon Economic slump drives used car sales, prices up car salesmen are becoming the kings of the lot as demand for such vehicles is starting to rise....

96 Corsica (3.1L)Tensioner
I have a bad pulley on a '96 Corsica tensioner. I see that I can replace the pulley, but can it be done without removing the tensioner? It looks like the pulley has spun out of the bearing. I can't...
5
5

Taking Pictures of a Repair, Before and During
One of the great benefits of having a digital camera is in doing vehicle repairs that you haven't attempted before. Taking photos from two different angles before you start and then as you remove...
3
3