Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What are the easiest ways to check for timing chain wear on an 1994 Astro?
I think my timing chain has slipped. It was tuned up yesterday, and the motor mounts were replaced. Any time I put a hard load on it, it'll spit, fart, pop, or buck. If I'm easy on the gas, it won't...
3
3

Chevrolet Malibu will start at $19,995
Chevrolet Malibu will start at $19,995 has priced its restyled, re-engineered 2008 Malibu sedan, starting at $19,995 for the base LS version. A hybrid version starts at $22,790. Both prices include...

LCD display on '05 Montana radio has burned out lamp/bulb
The red (LCD) display on my '05 Montana radio/CD appears to have 3 separate regions that are illuminated, and one of these (on the left side) has just burned out, making it hard to read the first few...

04 GMC Sierra "AUX" input?
I have an 04 GMX Sierra with the stock FM/AM/CD stereo. On the button for CD, it also says "AUX" is there an input in the back of the stereo so I don't have to buy one of those adapters?
5
5

Engine Shaking after changing spark plugs & Wires ??????
I have a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with a V6. I had my spark plugs & wires changes yesterday due to rough idling. Yet, when it was all said done, the engine is now shaking a bit. (Was not...
11
11

jumper cables
i'm looking for a GOOD set of cables. Is there a good brand. Also is there amperage on the package or any other specs that might let me know if they're decent or not. I bought a really good pair about...
4
4

Possible to clean plugged injectors?
One of my neighbors has a 93 Lumina with the 3.1L engine. He was cutting up a car for scrap that had been sitting for about 10 years, and discovered the tank still had gas in it. The "gas" had a...
2
2

1995 Buick Century - Electrical Problems
I own a 1995 Buick Century with about 135,000 miles on it. When I drove to work today, I noticed that my anti-lock brake light was on and wouldn't go away. The brakes worked just fine though. Doing...
10
10

Pushrod vs. Overhead Cam
Hello, I don't know a hell of a lot about the fine points of engines beyond gas mileage and 0-60 speed, so I was wondering what practical differences there are between overhead valve vs. overhead cam...
10
10

GM CD Problems
Hey Guys: I've had my share of GM CD players kick the bucket, but I'm wondering if anyone has encountered the problem where the player has trouble feeding and ejecting the CD? It's as if the mechanism...
6
6

2002 Buick Century 3100 Engine--> P0133
Thought I would have this licked. Got this code when SES light came on. Checked code at auto* and said "Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank1, Sensor1)" Since I have 188K miles on it I elected to...
4
4

Ford and GM say factories in US face axe
Ford and GM say factories in US face axe James Doran in New York Sunday August 26, 2007 The Observer Ford and General Motors have threatened to leave Detroit and take their car manufacturing...
17
17

U.S. automakers may split ranks in contract talks
U.S. automakers may split ranks in contract talks Health care costs are key for GM, Ford; quick savings is Chrysler goal By Jeff Bennettand Jeff Green Bloomberg News Service Published on Sunday, Aug...
6
6

3.9 L Malibu
In the last couple of months, I've purchased two new Malibu SS's. both with the 3.9L engine. With about 5k miles on one of them, I'm very impressed with the performance albeit the fuel economy is a...
1
1

96 MONTE CARLO HIGH PITCHED INERMITTENT WHINE REAR OF CAR ??
It sounds like a high pitch whine at highway speeds, intermittent, from rear of car, sounds like from the inside.....any thoughts? Thanks.
5
5