Camber Bolts

Are these something that a guy could (fairly easily) replace in his garage then take the car in for an alignment? I need to go from the non-adjustable stock bolts to aftermarket ones because my car appears to be riding on the inside edge of the front tires ("Negative Camber", I believe).

Reply to
J Rod

Year, make and model of vehicle would be nice information to have before answering this question.

If your vehicle is a McPhearson strut type vehicle, then unless you've recently loosened up the bolts for some reason, any camber problems you are currently having require a much deeper look than just replacing bolts. The bolts are not going to be the solution to your problem in any event. They do nothing to adjust camber. All they do is hold the parts in place.

If you have recently loosend the bolts, thus causing the problem you're currently facing, then simply loosend them back up and adjust the camber closer to vertical and take the car in to an alignment shop for final adjustments and a complete front end alignment.

You should probably provide more information about your car and this problem. Short answer - there is no such thing as an aftermarket "adjustable" camber bolt.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

More likely you have a tow out problem. Take a CLOSE look at the edges of the tread bars and see if they are feathered toward the outside edges. Camber would have to be WAY off to wear just the edges of a tire.

Reply to
Steve W.

make that TOE OUT problem...

Reply to