CyberSurvey: Should UAW strike GM?

Sentiment is running better than 3:1 against the UAW, very little support out there for the UAW.

CyberSurvey: Should UAW strike GM?

Jim Higgins

From what I hear GM wants to do what Toyota is doing. They want to import parts and material from low cost countries and merely assemble the vehicles in the US. They also want to emulate Toyota, by importing small cars from low cost counties.

As to wages GM want to start new employees at the same lower rates Toyota pays, but with the same better benefits that GM currently offers. The UAW is insisting that the current 80% domestic and 20% imported mix be maintained. Although they are willing go for 70/30 mix, like the GM/Toyota plant in California, but GM must guarantee employment to age 62, for all current workers. We shall see I guess

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter