oil analysis, 02 Impala - copper?

I just got a oil analysis report back from Blackstone Labs ('02 Impala LS). Things look pretty good overall (especially no antifreeze!), except for copper which is a little high (41 on my engine with an average of 14). Blackstone says this can come from additives or from abnormal wear of a brass or bronze part.

The last change was done at my local Chevy dealer, using whatever oil they normally use. I usually use Mobil 1 with Carquest/Napa premium filters.

Any idea what part in particular might be causing this reading? Do dealerships typically use any sort of oil additive that might account for it?

Reply to
gad

Possibly there are some bronze bushings or bearings inside the engine. Somebody on here should know for sure.

Yesterday I learned the 04 Impala sitting next to the parts dept at my dealer is waiting on a NEW transmission. Its a 6 month old rental car.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~288,088 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Key word being "rental."

rental car = hig rev neutral drop

;)

Reply to
Steve Mackie

So a high rev neutral drop is Bad for a tranny then?

Hmmm..... that explains a lot... ;-)

Reply to
Full_Name