OT? Stabilised gas

Hi...

Apologize if this is too far off topic; but the experts are here, so...

Getting tired each year with experimenting on storage methods come lawn mower/snow blower change over time.

Tried emptying fuel, running carb dry. Tried leaving full to the brim with fuel. Tried gasohol (methanol) Nothing works well. Confusing part is outboards seem to have no problem - just disconnect the fuel tank and run it dry. Start 'em up in the spring with last year's left over fuel and away we go.

Now I hear of "stabilized" fuel; can't discover what it is, but would like to try it. Can someone please tell me?

I'm in Canada, so if you answer with a product name, please also give me the generic name too.

Thanks in advance, and take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Use GOOGLE when you need to find information. Results 1 - 10 of about 5,460 for "fuel stabilizer". (0.55 seconds) Here is one link at random from the 5,460:

« Paul »

Sta-bil (spell?).

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Go to Canadian Tire, ask at the auto parts desk they'll bring you to the correct shelf on the floor. The side of the tin should explain all you need to know (or at least better than the staff could ;-)

Reply to
Full_Name

Hi Full :)

Great! Got one only about a click away.