Re: Steering recall foul-up, 97 Olds Silhouette

--

> "My grandpappy told my pappy that In My > Day, Son, A Man Had To Answer For The > Wicked That He'd Done." > > Toby Keith and Willie Nelson > > > I took my 97 Olds Silhouette to a GM Dealership and had them take care > > of a Steering Gear recall. > > So my question is: could they have done anything to have > > caused the problem? Should I take the Car or leave it with them till > > we find out where the responsibility lies? > > Would appreciate any suggestions or insights as to what the noise > > could be. Thanks > > Don't take it, this sounds suspicious. How many miles on the vehicle?
150,000 miles. Engine ran great. (see other post)

Charles

Reply to
Charles

THIS is a follow-up to my original post.

On monday morning(6/23/03) I went to the dealer and asked them to sign a letter stating they had no responsibility for the engine problem and I would take the car.

The body of the letter follows:(with name removed)

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Mr. xxxxx

Regarding the Steering Gear Recall repair performed on Friday 6/20/03 and the engine problem that ensued during the time the 1997 Olds Silhouette was in the custody of xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

We at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx have examined the engine problem to the best of our ability, without disassembling the engine and have concluded that we bear no responsibility for the problem as a result of any action taken by the employees of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely

They said that they would need to run the letter through their legal dept.. I gave them the Keys to the car and left.

Six days and no response.............

Charles

Reply to
Charles