2003 Accord 4 cyl, door-related problems.

I have two distinct door-related problems.

Imprimus, my car no longer knows when my door is open; this means that the light doesn't come on, a key left in the ignition doesn't cause the reminder sound, and there may be other possible repercussions I don't know about. It's not the light, which works fine. Whatever the modern equivalent of the little plunger that used to be in the door and opened a circuit when not depressed has ceased to work.

What I seek is some idea about how/where to look for solutions. I have a Helm's, but didn't find anything in an admittedly cursory perusal.

Secundus, the window in the same (driver's) door is becoming very hesitant to go up. It works, albeit slowly, if the car is running, but is resistant enough to stop altogether if the engine is not running. It is not (directly) a battery problem; none of the other three windows exhibit this behavior.

Thanks for reading.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

You have names for your car AND your window?! ;-)

Pax, Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

take the switch off and clean up the contacts. apply dielectric grease to prevent future corrosion. if bad, replace.

if the system is fouled up, the lower voltage of battery only may not provide sufficient "oomph" to work it. need to take the mechanism out and clean everything up. often however, something will be broken or something like cable frayed. replacement is the easiest and most reliable long term solution.

Reply to
jim beam

the key clue is "/two/ door-related problems" [my emphasis] - imprimus translates to "in the first place". you can figure the rest out from there.

Reply to
jim beam

It must be terrible to go through life without a sense of humour. {;^)

Reply to
Brian Smith

On 1/25/2007 11:30 AM jim beam spake these words of knowledge:

Thanks, Jim and others.

I took my Odyssey in for 120K checkup, and mentioned this to the service provider. She said that what they do with the window is silicone spray; they would do something else if that didn't resolve the problem.

Life is hectic now, but I hope to get a few minutes soon to pull the door switch and look at it.

Thanks again, folks.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

silicone spray won't do much if it's an issue with the contacts - it will protect once cleaned, but won't resolve the problem if dirty. and a dealer won't clean, they'll just replace. the cheap and possibly most satisfactory solution is the d.i.y. cleanup job.

Reply to
jim beam