2005 Civic: How do I reset the maintenance indicator?

Retards at the dealership didn't reset it at the last oil change...tia

Reply to
Nobody

RTFM. What does your manual say? No manual? Why not? Get one at that retard dealer or find another dealer.

Reply to
bearman

remco

Just noticed my reply showed up in two separate Honda groups - please don't crosspost.

Reply to
remco

"remco" wrote in news:VVBZe.13354$H24.2412 @fe11.lga:

Thanks, but found it in the owner's manual per the other response.

Reply to
Nobody

"bearman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

You're such an asshole.

On another note, you actually think dealers are competent?

Reply to
Nobody

Try reading the manual instead of looking pretty retarded yourself.

Reply to
Alan Browne

Apparently you think they are competent, otherwise why did you take it to the dealer for an oil change.

Reply to
Seth

Why not crosspost? It is generally acceptable if relevant. Most newsreaders, when a cross-posted message is marked as "read" in one group, it is also marked as read in the other group(s) as well so you don't have to read/respond to the same message multiple times.

Cross-posting of messages to groups that aren't applicable (such as what a Spammer would do) is frowned upon.

Reply to
Seth

You pop open the owner's manual of your shiny new $17,000 toy and read it.

It's full of AMAZING facts, things that the Honda engineers spent long hours doing and telling you about--and which you chose to ignore.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

You come here asking to be spoon-fed something that's clearly documented, showing that you never bothered to crack the owner's manual, and you're calling someone else names?

The ones I do business with are.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Nobody wrote in news:Xns96DCAF1A887C9XZLKJOIDUKLJ098098@24.24.2.165:

What is the reset procedure? I don't have a 2005 Civic, but I'd like to know.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

change...tia

True, but these groups are identical. It would be better to just post in one group. Most people read both groups anyway, so why duplicate things?

Reply to
remco

"remco" wrote in news:KYBZe.13355$ snipped-for-privacy@fe11.lga:

Crossposting to *relevant* groups is acceptable. It would be worse if he'd posted two unrelated messages with the same subject to two related groups.

The OP has done the correct thing.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Ok, I stand corrected. (actually, I sit correctlly but am not sitting correctly as I am slouched over in shame :)

Reply to
remco

A) Maybe not everybody reads both groups. Or maybe their news server doesn't carry both groups.

B) By cross-posting he didn't duplicate things. The message only exists once per new server, linked to both groups (and that's how a decent news reader knows to mark the message as read in more than 1 group when you only read it in a single group). By manually making the same post to numerous groups /without/ the use of a cross-post one would then be duplicating things, and thus taking more space.

Reply to
Seth

Nah, no shame. Just part of the learning process. Just as I learn more about my Honda from those more knowledgeable than I, you just learned a little more about Usenet by reading from some of us. Maybe the O.P. has learned to use his owners manual as more then just glove compartment dressing...

Reply to
Seth

Reply to
remco

Oops -- I think I just sent an empty message.

When you stop learning, you might as well stop breathing -- I guess we're still breathing today. :)

Reply to
remco

If they are such retards then why buy a Honda?

Reply to
Tim & Linda