Did I Get Hosed On My Odyssey Repairs???

I live in the suburbs of a major northeastern U.S. city and had some work done on my 2000-vintage Honda Odyssey just last week.

They charged the following for labor:

Replaced Front Engine Mount --- $135

Replace R/F Strut --- $135

Replace Both Wheel Cylinders --- $270

Did I get hosed?

Thanks.

Reply to
444

Paul

not necessarily. did they use honda parts? list price for the motor mount is $105 so that's $20 labor. list on the strut is $126...

Reply to
jim beam

that's not true. rubber fatigues and breaks. check the rear trailing arm bushing on any 1988-2000 civic to see what i mean. then check the rear motor mount on the same vehicle [if you can see it] and you'll see identical damage.

Reply to
jim beam

True, but the post said they charged him 135 just for labor.

Reply to
Paul

Also true, but the car is a 2000, i have seen hondas from the early

90's with no problems.
Reply to
Paul

it depends on /which/ bushing. go to a junk yard and show me even one single civic bushing as described that's not shot to bits. same goes for rear motor mounts. only thing about the latter is that they're not as easy to see.

Reply to
jim beam

ok, i misread.

Reply to
jim beam

That doesn't matter. It's the book rate that matters. If the book rate is 1.5 hours, that's about right.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

First you should understand the vehicle you are talking about. Second you need to know the location the service is done as labor rates vary widely depending where it is done. Also we need to know if it was done by a dealer or not. The front motor mount on the odyssey is electronically controlled and the engine will rock some when doing the brakes on in/out of gear test leading the uninformed to thing it is bad. Also the Odyssey mounts are fluid filled and can spring a leak. If you think these prices are high wait till the transmission goes and on this van it is not if but when. Of coarse the lawsuit extended the warranty to 109k from 100k.......

Reply to
Woody

Shut up, troll!!!

At least Honda did something about it, unlike Crapsler for example.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Didn't see Chrysler running to my aid to replace the tranny on my 97 Caravan at 60,000 miles...

Nor the engine at 90,000. And all while properly maintained.

I'll never buy another Chrysler product again, no matter how nice they look.

Reply to
Joe LaVigne