Honda Civic Fuel Mileage

A friend recently purchased a new Honda Civic coupe (not the SI) with an automatic transmission and is getting only 31 mpg. The car has 7000 miles so should be providing closer to the advertised 40 mpg. The car is a commuter car that travels about 70 miles per day on the freeway.

Are other owners of the new Civic getting better gasoline mileage?

Thanks,

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Reply to
rll

Are other owners of the new Civic getting better gasoline mileage?

Perhaps your friend's foot is heavier than he's letting on to you .

I get better highway mileage with my 2001 V6 Accord, than he's getting now.

Reply to
Brian Smith

Are other owners of the new Civic getting better gasoline mileage?

Thanks,

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Reply to
Richard Kuroski

Wow! I have a 98 HX and I think it's been to 3000 less than 15 times.

3,000 is something like 75 - 80 mph for me. I admit to extreme fuel-economy driving, but I get about 54 mpg in summer.

This tank I'm up to 604 miles and will probably fill up tomorrow or Friday.

Richard Kuroski wrote:

Reply to
ecarecar

With about 3200 on my 06 Sedan, I'm now getting 35 - 37 overall.

Reply to
Robert Barr

Are other owners of the new Civic getting better gasoline mileage?

Thanks,

- Russ in Santa Barbara

Reply to
shitdick

automatic transmission and is getting only 31 mpg. The car has 7000 miles so should be providing closer to the advertised 40 mpg. The car is a commuter car that travels about 70 miles per day on the freeway.

Civic Sedan, 5 speed. About 350 miles so far, mixed highway and city.

34 mpg on my first tank.

--Nan

Reply to
nblomgren
2002 Honda Civic DX Typically 70% highway/30% town (Rarely travel to a city) Winter average ~ 36 mpg; Summer average ~ 42 mpg

automatic transmission and is getting only 31 mpg. The car has 7000 miles so should be providing closer to the advertised 40 mpg. The car is a commuter car that travels about 70 miles per day on the freeway.

Reply to
moodyblu2

I've never received over 34 mpg in my 04 hybrid civic - really pathetic, especially the dealer's attitude to it ie: "well, what mileage would you expect anyway" == if they advertise

48 I would expect at least 40

(80% city, 20% freeway)

automatic transmission and is getting only 31 mpg. The car has 7000 miles so should be providing closer to the advertised 40 mpg. The car is a commuter car that travels about 70 miles per day on the freeway.

Reply to
muzz