iPod Classic problems

HI , I have a 4th generation iPod Classic and a 2012 Honda Pilot. The OS on the iPod is 3.1.1 the manual for the Honda says on page 364 it recognizes versions 1.1.2 and above. When I connect the iPod the on vehicle display says unrecognized. I have tried several different cables and done several hard resets on the iPod. This is driving me crazy. I can put all the music on the HDD but, I have more than music on the iPod so I would like to be able to access it.

Any ideas?? thanks, Rick

Reply to
Rick